Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Pancetta
It is simple, comforting and full of delicious Quebec flavours: here’s the K pour Katrine signature dish you need to cook.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and egg-free… It’s the perfect recipe to make all of your guests happy and satisfied. We also recommend to add great Quebec mashed potatoes to make it even better.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken legs with skin
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of diced pancetta
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped leek (dark green part removed)
- 1 package of 227 g sliced mushrooms
- 6-7 branches of fresh thyme or 2 tbsp. (10 ml) of dried thyme
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) of white wine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 package of 14 g dehydrated wild mushrooms
1- Place the rack in the centre of the oven preheated to 350 °F.
2- In a large pot, brown the chicken legs in oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside in a plate.
3- In the same pot, add the pancetta and fry with onions, leeks, mushrooms and thyme. Add a little bit of oil as needed.
4- Deglaze with wine and cook for another minute.
5- Add broth, bay leaves, dehydrated mushrooms and chicken legs. Adjust seasoning. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Find all K for Katrine culinary creations right here.