Crostini with peas and old cheese
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- ½ cup garlic flowers, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon herbal flavoured oil
- 1 teaspoons honey
- 4 large ciabatta slices
- freshly shaved old cheese, to garnish
- Blanch the peas for around 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Mix the garlic, red onion, vinegar, oil and honey into the peas.
- Crush lightly with a fork to form a smooth spread. Cool until lukewarm.
- Toast the bread slices under the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Divide between the pieces of toast and served garnished with old cheese.