Pasta with cream and turnip sauce
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cut into thick strips
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooking cream 15 %
- 1 pound Tagliatelle pasta
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turnips and saute until almost tender.
- Add the stock and cream stir and cook for a few minutes. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the pan with the turnips and stir to mix.
- Add in the reserved water and stir and cook another minute or two. Turn off the heat and fold in the cheese.